The Functional Barbell Strength bundle by Krissy Cagney is designed to bridge the gap between Powerlifting and Olympic weightlifting.
What’s the difference?
- Power lifts are extremely heavy, low-velocity movements. It’s believed that power lifts are best used for developing muscle strength.
- Olympic lifts are high-velocity movements that train for explosive power. These lifts are best for developing power output & speed.
Included in the Functional Barbell Strength bundle:
This is a 4-phase strength program that is progressive in nature and lasts 13-20 weeks.
- Beginner Strength: Designed for the novice weightlifter, this plan will help you become comfortable with the barbell.
- Strength Builder 1: Continue building strength by beefing up your beginner workouts with accessory work and volume.
- Strength Builder 2: advance your movement mechanics with the Conjugate Method, which combines variations, heavy loads and dynamic effort to help you overcome strength plateaus.
- Strength Builder 3: the sexy movements come out in this final phase, with varying rep schemes and skill transfers to set the stage for future Olympic lifting.
About Krissy Cagney:
Krissy got her start in the fitness industry with a focus on bodybuilding, then transitioned to powerlifting. In 2013 Krissy became a Westside Barbell coach and Registered Dietician. She now owns Doughnuts & Deadlifts (a lifestyle brand) and Black Iron Gym in NYC.