Beginner bodyweight workouts: If you are just starting out on your fitness journey, but don’t want to commit to a gym membership yet, bodyweight workouts are a great way to get the ball rolling. These no-excuses workouts require no equipment, can be done anywhere, and can help you build strength & lose weight.
Beginner Bodyweight Workouts:
1. Beginner Bodyweight Workout to Lose Weight:
Do each of the following three exercises Tabata-style: 20 seconds of work, then 10 seconds of rest, repeated 8 times. This means you will be spending 4 minutes on each exercise, the workout is 12 minutes total.
2. Beginner Bodyweight Workout to Build Strength:
Do each of the following as indicated, rest as needed.
- 3 x 6 Pull Ups or Inverted Rows
- 3 x 10 Push Up Holds: Perform your push ups with a 3-count pause & hold when your elbows reach 90-degrees.
- 4 x 8 Jumping Lunges: Alternate legs with each jumping lunge, so you will be doing 4 on each leg per set.
- 3 x 10 Plie Squats: A plie squat is a wide-stance squat. Place your feet wider than shoulder-width apart and squat. To make even more difficult, pause & “pulse” up & down 3 times at the bottom of each squat.
- 2 x 10 Inchworms
3. Beginner Bodyweight Workout to Increase Endurance:
Repeat the following sequence until you cannot continue, or 15 minutes maximum.
- 45 seconds Crab Walk: Remember this childhood relay race movement? It’s also a great exercise!
- 25 Plank-Ups: Begin in elbow plank, shift up to a full, straight-armed plank, then back down to elbow plank for one rep.
- 30 seconds Crab Walk
- 15 Plank Ups
- 1 minute Wall Sit
Want more bodyweight workouts? Check out this Bodeefit Bodyweight Workout Training Plan.