Time: 45 minutes -1 hour
The Beast Mode Gym Workout: A full body workout for when you’re having a beastly sort of day.
Beast Mode Gym Workout:
Reps of 10! (10-9-8…1) for each of the following exercises. This type of rep organization is great for beginners because the reps decrease alongside your level of exhaustion.
(I would also recommend that you not calculate how many total reps 10! actually is until you finish the workout.)
- Push up planks: In between each set of push ups, hold a 20-second elbow plank. No resting in between planks and push ups, you must go directly from one to the next without breaking form.
- Back extensions
- Goblet squat
- Overhead calf raises: Hold a plate, dumbbell, or kettlebell overhead while you perform your calf raises. Holding a heavy weight overhead will change your center of gravity, causing you to engage your core, develop your balance, and work your calf muscles in a new way.
Additional Resources for Becoming a Beast:
- A Complete Guide to the Weightlifting Room
- Cody’s Ultimate Guide to Squats
- Learn about HIIT Workouts
- Learn about Ladder Workouts
Need some good tunes to put you in Beast Mode? Try this Beast Mode Gym Workout Playlist.