Kicking Up to a Handstand is the most basic way to get inverted into a handstand hold. Try kicking up to a handstand against the wall, with a buddy spotting you, or freestanding on your own (once you’re comfortable seeing the world upside down).
How To Kick Up to a Handstand:
Proper Form to Kick up to Handstand:
- Stand tall with your arms next to your ears
- Take a big step into a big lunge and reach for the ground in front of you
- Drive the back leg over your head as you gently press off the ground with your leading leg
- Maintain hollow as you push away from the ground
- Search for the sweet spot that will allow you to hold your handstand forever!