This is a movement demonstration of the Box Jump. Jumping and landing is a fundamental skill that everyone should master, so choose an appropriate height to train your skills with some explosiveness.
How To Do a Box Jump:
Proper Box Jump Form:
- Stand a foot away from the box with chest up, abs and butt engaged
- Look straight forward
- Initiate descent by pushing hips back and keeping your chest and eyes up
- Synchronize arm back swing with hip dip
- Make sure arms reach back to full extension as the hips hit peak tension in the dip
- Explode out of the hole and take off in hollow body position
- Allow the arms to lead the direction of the body.
- Slight lean forward is enough to get you on the box
- Stick the landing in partial squat and arms above eye level