Time: 60 minutes
This advanced walking workout uses different types of walking styles to engage your full range of muscle motion. It can be done on a treadmill, a track, a park, or even around your own neighborhood.
Cody’s Advanced Walking Workout:
- Warm up: 10 minutes of stretching and easy paced walking
- Power walk: 10 minutes of high-energy power walking with small weights.
- Walking lunges: 5 minutes of slow-but-steady walking lunges. These don’t have to be full (back knee to the ground) lunges, just bend your knees more so that you feel the burn in your glutes.
- Moderate pace walk: 10 minutes to recover at a moderate pace.
- Walk backwards: 5 minutes of looking silly while you walk backwards to improve your balance and coordination.
- Brisk walk: 10 minutes of brisk walking to round out your workout.
- Cool down: 10 minutes of easy paced walking and light stretching to end on a positive note.