Workout and Lose Weight at home: It is always tempting to skip a workout when it is rainy and grey outside. On cloudy, miserable days when the TV, couch, and cookies are calling your name, all of the sudden going for a jog or bike ride can become really unappealing. Days like these often make it hard for me to change out of my Snuggie and into workout clothes, but it’s days like these that we should all be putting the “sweat” in sweatpants.
Here is an easy at-home workout for weight loss that mixes cardio and strength training. And it doesn’t require any fancy gym materials, so no excuses! Shed those house slippers, and those extra pounds.
Workout to Lose Weight at Home:
- Stretch: Prepare for your workout by thoroughly stretching for at least 5 minutes
- Cardio and strength: Do the following sequence at least 5 times, more if you can.
- Sprint up your stairs and do 10 push-ups at the top.
- Sprint down the stairs and do 10 squats at the bottom.
- Core: You’re going to be doing “One-hundreds”. Sit on the ground (preferably on carpet, or some kind of mat), and use your abdominal muscles to lift your legs so that your torso and legs make a “V”, and you are balancing on your sit-bones. With your arms parallel to the ground, pulse them up and down a couple of inches, with each “beat” being “one, two, three…” and so forth until you have done one-hundred of these beats. Try not to leg your legs or torso down, until you reach one-hundred, and remember to breathe while doing this exercise.
- Stretch: Cool down by stretching for another 5 minutes.
And yes, now that you have finished your workout, you can sit on the couch and watch TV for the rest of the day.