Time: 10-15 minutes
This 600 yard beginner swim workout focuses on improving your breathing and freestyle form. Swimming is a zero-impact cardio exercise that can help you lose weight, tone your muscles, improve your cardio, and also increase your lung capacity.
A Beginner Freestyle Workout to Improve Breathing:
- 100 yard freestyle warm up.
- Four sets of 50 yard freestyle, resting 30 seconds between each set.
- Two sets of 25 yard freestyle, breathing on every 4th stroke
- Two sets of 25 yard freestyle, breathing on every 2nd stroke
- Two sets of 50 yard freestyle “sprint” (as fast as you can), resting 30 seconds between each set.
- 100 yard freestyle cool down.