Make the most out of your gym visits. The following beginner gym arm workout mixes cardio and weight training with an emphasis on the arms. Get strong, toned arm muscles with my “Fit to be Armed” workout!
This beginner workout employs the weight machines section of the gym, as the weight machines will ensure that you are doing each exercise correctly.
If you are familiar with the free weights version of each of these exercises, you are welcome to substitute these movements for your workout. Don’t know the difference between the weight machines and free weights? Read my handy-dandy guide here.
Scroll to the bottom for additional arm workouts & gym workout training plans.
Cody’s Fit to be Armed Workout
For each exercise, pick a weight that allows you to do a full twelve reps per set, without stopping until each set is finished.
- 5 minute warm up: Light cardio of your choice (treadmill, bike, elliptical, stair-master, etc.)
- Three sets of twelve reps on each of the following weight machines:
- Bicep curl
- Tricep extension
- Shoulder/Military press
- Triceps dip or scale down to bench dip
- Pull up or assisted pull up
- 10 minutes of cardio on the rowing machine, making sure to use a big range of motion with the arm pull.
- 5-minute cool-down + stretch
New to the gym? Here’s a great guide to weightlifting room equipment (complete with pictures) to get you started.