Time: 45 minutes
This workout is for those horrible, crummy days when you feel like a volcano about to explode. Channel that inner rage into an intense, muscle-toning workout, instead of taking it out on some poor kid at McDonald’s who forgot your extra onions.
Cody’s Rage Against the Punching Bag Workout:
- 5 minute warm up by jumping rope
- 20 minutes of beating the hell out of a punching bag. Do 5 repetitions of the following routine:
- 5 Low kicks (each leg): Stand with your left side to the punching bag and pivot on your right leg as you kick out with your left. Your left heel should connect with the bag, then snap your leg back into your standing position. Repeat on the right side.
- 5 High kicks (each leg): The same movement as low kicks, except aim to connect your heel with the bag above waist-level.
- 20 Jabs (each hand): Stand with your feet slightly staggered, and hands raised by the sides of your face. Push off your back foot and snap out a punch, twisting your forearm so that your palm is facing down when it connects with the bag.
- 5 Hooks (each hand): Face the punching bag and swing your hand in a side-arc. Connect with the side of the punching bag for each hook.
- 5 Knee strikes (each knee): Wrap your arms around the bag at shoulder level, then bring your knee up and around to connect with the side of the bag.
- 15 minute interval run on the treadmill
- 5 minute cool-down and stretch