Time: 10-15 minutes
This 800 yard swim provides beginners an easy introduction to interval swimming. This interval workout will help you develop strength in a wide range of muscle movement, as you will be practicing intervals in all four strokes.
An Easy Interval Swim Workout:
- 200 yard freestyle warm up with no rests.
- Intervals: Alternate between “sprinting” and “resting” paced laps for each set, with 30 seconds rest between each stroke.
- Two sets of 50 yard butterfly intervals
- Two sets of 50 yard backstroke intervals
- Two sets of 50 yard freestyle intervals
- Two sets of 50 yard breast stroke intervals.
- 200 yard freestyle cool down with no rests.