Time: 40 minutes
Why workout in the park? You can get toned and tan at the same time! Summer’s coming, and if you’re anything like me, you’ll ditch the smelly gym for the park. Here’s a beginner workout to do on a nice day at the park.
Cody’s Workout at the Park:
- Burpees: Jump up, touch the ground, do a push up, repeat. 2 sets of 5.
- Box jumps: Find a sturdy ledge or park bench about 20 inches high. Jump forward onto it, then backwards onto the ground. Make sure both feet land on the bench and the ground at the same time. 3 sets of 10.
- Planks: On your forearms and toes, hold a center plank, then left side, then right side. 30 seconds each.
- Squat jumps: Bend your knees and descend into a squat, making sure your knees stay behind your toes and your thighs are parallel with the ground. On the upward movement of the squat, jump as high as you can. 3 sets of 10
- Bicycle crunches: Attempt to do as many bicycle crunches as you can per set. 4 sets of 30 seconds.
- Walking lunges: Place one foot in front of the other and descend into a lunge, trying to get your back knee to the ground with each step. 2 sets of 10.
- Run: 1 mile in 12 minutes or less.