Discover the wonders of our favorite substitute – cauliflower! Cody coach Carling Harps is sharing her cauliflower fried rice recipe. This dish is light and packed with tasty veggies.
Here at Cody, we are all about living a balanced lifestyle enriched by movement. We certainly don’t believe in deprivation, but when we have an opportunity to sneak some extra vegetables into our favorite foods, we jump at it. Cauliflower is high in vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants, making it a great healthy swap.
Cody coach Carling Harps is a wiz in the kitchen and is often sharing her healthy creations with her clients and on social media. She uses cauliflower to make paleo-friendly fried rice that is packed with healthy ingredients. Check out the recipe and how-to video below.
Cauliflower Fried Rice
Say goodbye to empty carbs and hello to our favorite substitute - cauliflower! This dish is light and packed with tasty veggies.
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Large Carrot, Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Cup of Peas, Fresh or Frozen
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 3 Tablespoons Tamari
- 6 Green Onions, Sliced
- Place cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and “riced.”
- In a skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and carrots, and saute until garlic is fragrant and carrots begin to soften.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the pan, and continue to cook until the cauliflower is warmed through and begins to soften.
- Add the peas to the pan, and continue to cook until they defrost (if frozen) or warm through (if fresh).
- Create a well of space in the pan, and add the beaten eggs. Continue to cook until eggs are scrambled.
- Add the tamari shortly before removing from heat, and garnish with green onion before serving.
Want more healthy recipes from Carling? Check out her Honor your Body Bundle. This motivating series comes with her exclusive nutrition guide, and two comprehensive yoga plans to deepen your practice at every level.