Free weight workout for women: Want abs of steel and a butt like Beyonce? Endless hours of cardio won’t give you the shapely, sculpted look that free weights will. Here is a free weight workout for women to get toned and fit.
Scroll to the bottom for additional workout plans & training routines designed specifically for women.
Free Weight Workout for Women:
For this free weight workout, pick weights that cause you to “fail” (you can’t do any more reps) at 12. Do all of the following exercises in 4 sets of 10.
Legs & Booty:
- Weighted Donkey Kicks: On all fours, wedge a dumbbell in the crease of your knee, then raise and lower the weighted leg.
- Plie Squats: Hold a dumbbell to your chest, place your feet wider than shoulder-width apart and squat.
- Weighted Leg Raises: In a laying position, grip a dumbbell between your feet and perform leg raises as usual.
- Russian Twist: Hold a medicine ball or plate in both hands and sit balancing on your sit-bones (feet off the ground). Twist to the left & right, tapping the ground with your weight for each rep.
- Incline push up: Use the softer angle to concentrate on keeping your elbows close to your sides while doing your push ups.
- Seated Overhead Press: Hold a dumbbell in each hand at shoulder height, then press them upwards overhead.
Additional Workout Training Plans for Women:
- FitFlow by MacKenzie Miller & Briohny Smyth
- TwoB Fit (“To Be Fit”) by Two Bad Bodies
- True Strength by Dylan Werner
- Rise Strength by Diane Fu & Andrea Ager
- Gymnastics Strength Virtuosity by Dave Durante