Beginner Free Weight Workout: Here a simple free weight workout for beginners to help you get started in the weight room at the gym. This full body beginner free weight workout can be done in under an hour, and will leave you breathless with gym joy.
Beginner Free Weight Workout:
Do the following exercises in 3 sets of 10 reps.
- Bicep Curl: With dumbbells or an EZ Curl Bar, use an underhand grip and curl the weight into your chest, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Goblet Squat Jump: Hold a dumbbell with both hands close to your chest as you squat. On the upward movement of the squat, use explosive force to jump up, then land and descend directly into the next squat.
- Bent over Row: Hold a dumbbell in each hand, or a barbell, with an overhand grip. Hinge your torso forward slightly at the hips and let the weight hang down in front of your legs. Pull the weight up and in to your chest, then lower & repeat.
- Weighted Leg Raises: Lay on your back with your legs fully extended. Grip a weight in-between your feet and raise your legs up to a 90 degree angle, then lower them back down to the ground & repeat.
- Walking Lunges: With a dumbbell in each hand at your sides, step forward and descend into a lunge, letting your back knee slightly touch the ground before pushing off and stepping forward into the next lunge.