Barre Workout for the Gym: Want to do a barre workout, but don’t feel like going to a studio? Try these gym exercises that are pretty darn close to barre exercise moves. The barre workout for the gym will have you feeling the burn, just like in your usual barre class.
Barre Workout for the Gym:
- 1 minute jump rope
- 1 minute Elevated Planks: Prop your feet up on a bench while you hold an elbow plank.
- 20 One-Legged Push Ups: Raise one foot off the ground as you do your push ups. Do 10 one-legged push ups on each leg.
- 30 Plié Squats: This can be done with or without added weight. Plié squats are essentially second position grande pliés.
- 30 SIFF Squats: This is a squat done while balancing on your toes the entire time.
- 30 Jump Squats: Jump squats are just regular air squats, except you jump up as high as you can on the upward movement, then land and descend immediately into the next squat.
- 50 V-Ups: Lay on the ground with your arms overhead and your legs extended. In one movement, bring your hands and feet up to meet in the middle.
- 50 Leg Raises: Lay on the ground with your arms at your sides and your legs extended up. Slowly lower your legs towards the ground, stop before touching the floor, and raise them back up.
- 100 Hundreds: This move is close to the V-Up. Hold a strong “V” shape with your body, with your arms extended to the front & side of your legs. Hold this position for one hundred counts (you can count this by “patting” your arms up and down slightly in the air)
- 150 Calf Raises: Do 50 calf raises on both feet, 50 on your left foot, and 50 on your right foot.