Time: 30 minutes
Remember the good ol’ days when you could run around, jump, play, and climb nonstop, without tiring? When it comes to staying active, we should all take a cue from children and exercise like they play.
Turn your workout into playtime with this playground workout. Think of the next 30 minutes as “recess”. Adult recess.
Cody’s Playground Workout:
- Jump rope: 5 minutes cardio to warm up
- Hula Hoop: 3 sets of 2 minutes hula-hooping (or for however long you can keep it up). This is a great ab exercise, and using a weighted hula hoop will make it even more challenging.
- Hopscotch: Use any of these hopscotch templates, or create your own. This is great for your balance & leg muscles.
- Monkey Bars: Work on your grip & hanging strength by simply crossing the monkey bars. You can also practicing any hanging exercise on the bars, such as pull ups, muscle ups, dips, knees to elbows, toes to bar, windshield wipers, monkey hangs, and more.
- Tag: End your workout with a spirited game of tag! People run fastest when they’re being chased, or chasing something.