Time: 45-60 minutes
Need some motivation to get in shape? If (when) the Zompocalypse happens, and humans are bumped down a notch in the food chain, it will be survival of the fittest. Prepare for the possibility of a zombie outbreak with this two-part zombie workout plan that will have you in shape to outrun and out-climb zombies. And fight them, if necessary. But let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.
Cody’s Zombie Outbreak Workout Plan Part 1: Escape
- Warm up: Jog a half mile in under 5 minutes.
- Sprints: The best thing to do when confronted with a horde of zombies is to sprint to a safe place.
- Sprint 400m, rest 1 minute.
- Sprint 200m, rest 30 seconds.
- Sprint 100m
- Muscle ups: An essential move if you ever need to escape by climbing. If you can do muscle ups, then you can get on top of any ledge or handhold from a hanging position.
- Do 3 sets of 8 muscle ups.
- Alternative: If you can’t do muscle ups yet, work up to them by doing 15 pull ups and 15 dips per workout.
- Tuck and roll: This will allow you to safely land from a jump (or fall), and quickly get up to continue running.
- Do 3 sets of 4 tuck and rolls.
- Military crawl: A great way to get yourself out of a tight spot, especially since even the crazy, super-fast, World War Z zombies can’t crawl very well.
- Do 4 sets of 100m military crawl.
- Time yourself for each 100m crawl, and try to get faster each time.
And remember: Run or be eaten.
What happens if you run yourself into a dead-end and can’t escape the zombies chasing you? See Zombie Outbreak Workout Plan Part 2: Fight.