Time: 20-25 minutes
This workout involves practicing all four of the different swim strokes. Even if you only have a basic understanding of the four strokes, it is important to practice and improve on them. This workout will help you further develop all four strokes, give your muscles some movement variety, and allow you to challenge yourself. The entire workout totals to 900 yards.
Cody’s Four Stroke Swim Workout:
- Two sets of 100 yards light freestyle warm up.
- Four sets of 25 yards backstroke, resting 15 seconds between sets.
- Four sets of 25 yards breaststroke, resting 15 seconds between sets.
- Four sets of 25 yards butterfly, resting 15 seconds between sets.
- Two sets of 100 yards, broken up into 25 butterfly, 25 backstroke, 25 breaststroke, and 25 freestyle. Rest for 30 seconds between sets.
- 200 yards cool down in the stroke of your choice.