Time: 45 minutes
This basic beginner walking workout can be done on a treadmill, or outdoors, and will help ease your muscles back into an exercise routine. If you haven’t exercised in a long time, or spend all day at a desk, this walking workout is for you.
Cody’s Basic Beginner Walking Workout:
Repeat this walking sequence as many times as you can, or 45 minutes maximum.
- Warm up: 3-5 minutes at an easy pace
- Increase intensity: 3 minutes at a medium pace
- Push yourself: 30 seconds at a brisk, fast pace
- Catch your breath: 30 seconds at a medium pace
- Cool down: 3-5 minutes at an easy pace