Time: 30-45 minutes
Get in zombie butt-kicking shape with Part 2 of my Zombie Outbreak Workout Plan, the fighting portion. This workout targets your upper body to build explosive strength in your arms, shoulders, and back, so you can (hypothetically) kill zombies with ease.
Cody’s Zombie Outbreak Workout Plan Part 2: Fight
- Warm up: Jog a mile in under 10 minutes. Imagine this is you being chased into a corner by a zombie.
- Standing zombie head-chop: Ok, fine, this exercise is actually called a “wood chop”, but the concept is the same.
- Do 3 sets of 12 zombie head-chops with your max weight.
- Punching bag: Tape a zombie face at head-height to your heavy punching bag and aim for it as you practice the following.
- 25 high kicks on each foot
- 25 left and right hooks each (Why the hook shots instead of jabs? You’re avoiding the zombie teeth.)
- Kettlebell swing: Great for when your only weapon is a heavy object on the ground.
- Do 3 sets of 12 kettlebell swings at your max weight.
- Turkish getup: This exercise tests your ability to stand up from a lying position when there’s, err, dead weight on top of you.
- Do 3 sets of 4 Turkish getups on each side at your max weight.
Being good at fighting zombies isn’t everything. Sometimes it’s better to just run away. See my Zombie Outbreak Workout Plan Part 1: Escape.