Time: 30 minutes
Sprinting is a great exercise for giving your body an all-over, intense muscle workout that will get you lean in a relatively short amount of time (compared to steady-paced, long-distance running).
Plus, it’s useful in everyday life. For example, you will be able to run down purse-snatchers. Or catch a bus when you’re running late. Or out-run a bear (or your slowest friend) when you’re camping. Sprinting is handy for all of these things.
Cody’s Distance Sprinting Workout:
- Warm up: 5-10 minute jog
- Perform the following sprint sequence twice:
- Sprint 400 m, Rest (2 – 3 min)
- Sprint 200 m, Rest (2 – 3 min)
- Sprint 100 m, Rest (2 – 3 min)
- Cool-down: 5-10 minute jog