Time: 45 minutes
Adjusting the incline on a treadmill can help enhance the benefits of your walk, without the added strain of increasing your pace. The nice thing about this beginner treadmill incline walk workout is that it will work your glutes more than simply walking on a flat surface. Plus, if you are trying to focus and destress, it’s quite easy to read a book, listen to music, or watch TV on a treadmill.
Cody’s Beginner Treadmill Incline Walk Workout:
Do the following walking sequence as many times as you can, or for 45 minutes maximum.
- Warm up: 3-5 minutes at an easy pace
- Increase intensity: 3 minutes at a medium pace
- Push yourself: 1 minute at a medium pace on a 5% treadmill incline.
- Catch your breath: 2 minutes at a medium pace on a 3% treadmill incline.
- Cool down: 3-5 minutes at an easy pace on a 0% treadmill incline.