This is one of my favorite group workouts. Challenge some friends, team-mates, or even just yourself to a workout competition using a deck of cards.
Cody’s Deck of Cards Workout Challenge:
- Each of the four suits in a deck of cards represents a different exercise, and the card value equals the number of reps.
- Each card drawn must be completed by the contestants before moving on to the next. 30-second rests are only allowed in-between cards.
- Two or more people compete to see who can last the longest. The deck will be recycled until there is only one person left.
- One referee is in charge of drawing cards at random from the deck, giving the contestants their next exercise, and making sure the contestants are staying in proper form.
- Contestants can be disqualified for “cheating” by not doing an exercise properly (for example, not doing full push-ups).
- Spades: Sit ups
- Diamonds: Squats
- Clubs: Push ups
- Hearts: Burpees
- Numbers: The number of reps that must be done.
- Jacks: 12 reps
- Queens: 15 reps
- Kings: 20 reps
- Aces: 25 reps
- Doubles: Two cards of the same value drawn in a row doubles the number of reps.
- Triples: Three cards of the same value drawn in a row triples the number of reps.
- Quadruples: (Unlikely, but you never know) Four cards of the same value drawn in a row quadruples the number of reps.