Time: 10 minutes
Finding time in your day to exercise to lose weight can sometimes be difficult, but there is one small time slot in the day that makes for a perfect ten minute session: Shower time! Whether it be in the morning or the evening, set aside an extra ten minutes to do this quick workout, and give yourself an extra reason to soap up.
Cody’s Sweat to Shower Workout
- 10 push-ups: You can choose to do either the traditional, full-body push-up, or the modified, knees-down push-up. Just as long as you keep your back straight, head up, and elbows bent to 90 degrees each time.
- 20 crunches: Do ten traditional crunches, then ten bicycle crunches.
- 30 squats: Do fifteen traditional squats, and then if you are feeling up to it, hold a weight (dumbbells, kettlebell, or even a dictionary will work) in both hands for the last fifteen squats.
- 40 calf-raises: Stand on a step or ledge for this. Do twenty calf raises on both feet, then ten on your left foot, then ten on your right.
- 50 jumping jacks: Jumping jacks are pretty self-explanatory. Try not to stop and rest until you have finished all fifty.
- Stretch: Spend two minutes at the end of this routine to stretch your arms, legs, and abs.
This is a perfect workout for all you cardio-junkies looking to lose weight, but have trouble incorporating strength training into your exercise routine. You don’t have to change your running or biking routine at all. Just incorporate this workout into your get-clean routine and viola! You get your daily dose of strength training as well.
Additional HIIT Video Workouts for You!
Enjoy our free playlist of HIIT video workouts you can do at home: