Time: 60 minutes
You may not be a triathlete, but that doesn’t mean you can’t train like one! This cycling workout takes the idea of pedaling at your “threshold”, which is a high-effort pedal pace that one would usually do in a race, and incorporating it into a one hour loop.
Cody’s Advanced Threshold Cycling Workout
- 10 minutes: Warm up with light spinning
- 10 minutes: Moderate effort spinning
- 10 minutes: Threshold pace
- 5 minutes: Recover with moderate effort spinning
- 15 minutes: Threshold pace
- 10 minutes: Cool down with light spinning
What are the benefits of threshold cycling? Practicing pedaling at your threshold will improve your ability to sustain hard efforts for longer amounts of time, as well as strengthen your leg muscles and raise your metabolism.