Time: 30-45 minutes
This is a four mile run designed to maximize calories burned through a combination of intervals, steady pace endurance running, and running backwards.
Cody’s Fat-Busting Four Mile Run
- Mile 0-0.5: Warm up jog
- Mile 0.5-1: Interval run of one minute high-intensity and rest pace intervals
- Mile 1-2.5: Medium-intensity steady pace run
- Mile 2.5-3: Run backwards
- Mile 3-3.5: Medium-intensity steady pace run
- Mile 3.5-4: Cool down jog
A note on running backwards: While it may look a bit silly, running backwards will improve your muscular balance, posture, and burn around 20% more calories than normal running. Practice your backwards running on a track or slow-moving treadmill before incorporating it into your four mile run.