Time: 45 minutes
I love traveling, but at the same time it has a tendency to throw people’s healthy habits a bit out of whack. The rich restaurant food, the cocktails, the closet-sized hotel gym… enough said. So here’s an advanced bodyweight workout for those frequent flyers, road-trippers, explorers, and all-around free spirits who like to stay fit wherever, whenever, sans-equipment.
Cody’s Fitness for Frequent Flyers Workout:
Repeat the following routine 3 times:
- Burpees: 15 reps- I’m sure you already know how these are done.
- Windshield wipers: 10 reps- Hang from a pull-up bar and bring your legs up 180 degrees so that your feet are near your head. In this position, rotate and lower your legs to the left and right in a ‘windshield wiper’ motion.
- Back bridge: 5 reps- Only do these if you know you have a healthy spine. From a standing position, bridge backwards to the floor and back up again.
- L pull ups: 10 reps- Hang from a pull-up bar and raise your legs in front of you so your body is in an “L” shape, then let the pull-upping commence.
- Back foot elevated split squat: 20 reps- From a lunge position, put your back leg up on a box/ledge (about 8″ high, give or take), and do squats on your standing leg.
- Jump rope: 5 minutes of jump rope, with 10 double-unders per minute.