Time: 45 minutes
The barbell is one of the most useful, versatile pieces of equipment at the gym. Here’s a basic, intermediate barbell workout routine for your next gym workout.
Cody’s Intermediate Barbell Workout Routine:
Do 3 sets of 12 reps for each of the following to complete the barbell workout.
- Squat: Barbell on the shoulders, booty to the ground.
- Military press: Hold the barbell at shoulder-height, then press upwards, ending with the barbell overhead.
- Bent over rows: Hinge the torso forward, bring the barbell from a hang to your chest.
- Deadlift: Grip the barbell on the ground, use your legs and core to lift it to a hang.
- Bicep curls: Hold the barbell in an underhand grip, curl it inwards towards your torso.
- Lying triceps extensions: Laying on your back with the barbell above your chest, curl in towards your face, then back out.