We are all aware of the numerous health benefits of drinking water and staying well hydrated throughout the day. However, along with the usual watery goodness that comes with staying hydrated, drinking lots o’ water is important for weight loss as well.
So just how important is drinking water for weight loss?
- Drinking two cups of water half an hour before a meal causes people to eat about 75 fewer calories (an average of 13% less) than usual.
- In a 2008 study, dieters who drank 16 ounces of water before each meal lost 44% more weight than the control group. (Discovery News).
- Plus, the group of adults in the water study were more successful in keeping the weight off for over a year.
- Everybody should also know that dehydration slows down the fat-burning process.
- Afraid of looking bloated? Don’t be. There are many different reasons behind excess water retention, but drinking a ton of water is not one of them.
Drink more water! (Duh.) Staying hydrated is essential for your physical & mental health, and also very important for losing weight. Best of all, it’s easy!
Imagine everything else we do to control our weight: Paying for gym memberships, hours upon hours of working out, and worst of all… no German chocolate cake =[ If we are willing to do all of that to lose weight, I think adding a few extra glasses of water before meals should be easy as pie (Metaphorical pie. No real pie for you).