There is no quick-fix for weight loss, it all comes down to a healthy combination of diet and exercise, and simple calorie math. However, there are a few simple tricks that require minimum effort, but can help you lose weight more efficiently. These should be used in combination with your exercise routine, so don’t rely on these methods alone, but that being said, try them out and let me know how they work for you!
Five Tricks to Help Lose Weight
- Eat multiple small meals: Instead of gorging yourself on three large meals a day, split them up into 5 or 6 smaller meals. This cuts the urge to snack, and is better for your digestion.
- Invest in new gear: Much like how you are excited to wear a new pair of shoes immediately after you buy them, getting some new gym gear will make you excited to go workout with your awesome new shoes/dumbbells/yoga pants/what-have-you.
- Use blue plates: Blue is a color that actually works as an appetite suppressant, and eating meals on blue plates will actually leave you eating less. And avoid those red and yellow plates… those are deadly to your diet .
- Cut up your food: Cutting your food into smaller pieces will actually trick your brain into thinking that you are eating more, and could even stop you from reaching for second-helpings.
- Sleep: Staying well-rested not only helps boost your metabolism, it will also leave you feeling less hungry throughout the day. This is because when you are low on energy, your body wants to re-fuel with food, causing you to eat more.